Download the form here on our FAE services page.
Matilda Amos is an individual who requires a disability assessment to determine her functional ability. This assessment will provide valuable information about her capabilities and limitations, which can be used by employers, insurance companies, and the legal community in Canada.
Answer to the question: What is Matilda Amos’s functional ability?
1. Matilda has limited mobility due to a physical disability.
2. She requires assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing and bathing.
3. Her cognitive abilities are intact, but she may require accommodations for certain tasks.
4. Matilda can perform sedentary work that does not require prolonged standing or heavy lifting.
5. With appropriate support and accommodations, she can be productive in a suitable work environment.
1. How will Matilda’s functional ability assessment be conducted?
– The assessment will involve interviews with Matilda, medical records review, observation of her daily activities, and possibly additional tests or evaluations.
2. Who will conduct the functional ability assessment for Matilda?
– A qualified healthcare professional experienced in conducting disability assessments will evaluate Matilda’s functional ability.
3. Will Matilda’s personal preferences be considered during the assessment?
– Yes, any personal preferences or limitations expressed by Matilda will be taken into account during the evaluation process.
4. Can the results of this assessment change over time?
– Yes, it is possible for an individual’s functional ability to change over time due to various factors such as medical treatment or rehabilitation efforts.
5. How long does a typical functional ability assessment take?
– The duration of the assessment varies depending on multiple factors such as complexity of the case and availability of relevant medical records; however, it usually takes several hours spread across multiple sessions.
6. Are there any legal requirements regarding providing accommodations for individuals like Matilda in Canada?
– Yes, under Canadian law (specifically human rights legislation), employers are required to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, including those related to functional limitations.
7. Can Matilda’s functional ability assessment be used in legal proceedings?
– Yes, the results of Matilda’s functional ability assessment can be used as evidence in legal proceedings such as disability claims or workplace accommodation disputes.
Matilda Amos requires a comprehensive functional ability assessment to determine her capabilities and limitations. This assessment will provide valuable information that can guide decisions made by employers, insurance companies, and the legal community regarding her work capacity and necessary accommodations. It is important to consider both Matilda’s personal preferences and applicable laws when conducting this assessment and making subsequent decisions.